Sunday Stealing: The Xmas Questions of 2016
1. Do you send out Xmas cards and if so how many do you send?
A. Yes, I still send out cards. This year I sent out about 60 cards. I do not get that many back.
2. Do you write and send a holiday letter to describe your year?
A. No. I write notes in some of the cards, especially if they are people I do not see frequently or am not friends with on Facebook.
3. What do you think of photo cards?
A. I don't really like them.
4. How about the tree thing – do you have one every year? Do you prefer a real or artificial?
A. We have an artificial tree because I am allergic to the real thing. I think we have put one up every year. Some years it has been a small tree, some years a big tree.
5. Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type). If you don’t have a tree, do you decorate and if so, tell us about it. (If you don’t decorate make up a story here…)
A. It's about 6 feet tall and it's called a pencil tree. We decorate and some years I do "themes" which are either firefighter related or Christmas mice. This year we just put decorations on the tree with no theme in mind.
6. Do you hang up stockings? Whose names are on them (and relationships)?
A. Yes, we hang up stockings, but they do not have names. I get the white one and my husband gets the red one.
7. Your favorite Xmas movie(s) are?
A. Rudolph, It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Claus, A Christmas Carol. To be honest I really don't have a favorite.
8. Tell us about an Xmas movie you hate.
A. I don't hate any of them. I am not a big fan of Elf but I don't hate it.
9. What are your favorite Xmas Song(s)?
A. Do You Hear What I Hear? is my favorite, followed by Angels We Have Heard on High.
10. What holiday song makes you want to hurl?
A. None of them.
11. What do you prefer for your holiday meal?
A. I would rather just snack and not have a big meal.
12. When do you open your gifts?
A. My brother and I exchange presents on Christmas eve; we have done that since we were children. My husband and I exchange presents Christmas morning. We exchange presents with his family on Christmas Day afternoon.
13. Do you buy gifts for your pet?
A. Well, the cows may get a little extra sweet feed.
14. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?
A. I think a vacuum cleaner when we first married. We needed it but it was not the ideal present.
15. Do you ever travel for the holiday?
A. Not very far.
16. Did you see Santa as a child?
A. Yes. I still see him, every time I look into the smiling face of another human being.
17. Have you ever gone caroling?
A. Yes, before I married.
18. Do you drive around and look at the Xmas lights?
19. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
A. Yes. But they are infrequent and therefore special.
20. Do you know how to ice skate? If yes, when did you skate the last time?
A. I went ice skating when I was a child on a frozen lake. That was the first and last time I went ice skating. (FYI, lakes are really not the best for ice skating. The water doesn't freeze bump-free.)
21. Are we crazy for thinking that the holiday season is WAY too commercial?
A. No. Only a crazy person would think that it isn't.
22. Have you ever worked Xmas eve or Xmas day?
A. I have worked Christmas eve a few times.
23. What are your Xmas pet peeves?
A. People who don't show up when they say they will, people who think a plate of appetizers should be their lunch, and people who pretend to be nice because its Christmas when the rest of the time they are assholes.
24. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?
A. I like giving presents to people I care about. And I like fudge.
25. Here's your chance to say something significant to our players. Go for it!
A. My dear Sunday Stealing friends and gentle readers - I have been with you for over 3 years on Sunday Stealing (and 10 years on this blog), I have known some of you longer than people I know in real life. You are my online family and all of you are quite dear to me. I greatly appreciate those who host memes, including this one, and I hope that all of you have the best holiday you have ever had. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and my thoughts, and for allowing me to get to know you through your words and pictures. The Internet may be the bane of mankind, but it is also a blessing for those of us who have figured out how to use it to make friends and meet others. Be kind always, laugh out loud, and may the Universe care for you in all the ways you need. Be blessed.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.