Sunday Stealing: The Bearded Questions
1. Do you like guys with beards?
A. Well, Mr. Sunday Stealing, you look good in your beard. I am not fond of my husband's beard efforts, but then he always have to shave before it can become soft and not so scratchy (firefighters can't have beards because it interferes with breathing apparatus).
2. What is some of your favorite music?
A. Eagles, Carly Simon, Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Disco (yeah, yeah), The Carpenters, The Pretenders, Heart, etc.
3. List your three favorite scents.
A. Vanilla and the smell of my husband after he's had a bath, and that's about it. I am allergic to most scents so don't have them around.
4. How do you ground yourself or recharge?
A. Read a book, take a nap, play a video game, or play the guitar.
5. Any ways you treat or spoil yourself?
A. Buying books.
6. Besides your blog, do you have a creative past-time?
A. I have been learning to knit, and I like to color. I also keep a journal. I am also a photographer.
7. Share something difficult you've been through.
A. I spent six very difficult years trying to have children. I had a surgery each of those years because I had endometriosis and had large cysts that formed on my ovaries, which would then become infected, sort of like an appendix, and that would require emergency surgery. We never were able to have children, and today I am dealing with the aftermath of this issue because of scar tissue in my abdomen. The scar tissue has "captured" my organs, causing friction and pain with movement.
8. What helps you fall asleep?
A. Counting backwards and drugs.
9. What is one strength and one weakness of yours?
A. Strength - I'm a good writer and can express concepts in a way others can understand (usually). Weakness - I have a temper and if I don't spit it out then I internalize it.
10. Have you ever received a letter or written one to someone else?
A. I just dumped 60 Christmas cards in the mail. I used to correspond regularly with a cousin and my grandfather. So yes.
11. What makes you feel powerful, what breathes life into you?
A. Writing a good story can do that, but it hasn't happened in a long while.
12. What's your favorite thing to do at night?
13. If you could go back to any era, what would it be?
A. If there was ever a time and place where there was a truly matriarchal society, that is where I would like to go.
14. Your favorite things to wear at home?
A. Jeans, a t-shirt, and my blue thing, which is a fleece jacket of sorts.
15. If you could be immortal or have an extremely long life span which would you pick and why?
A. It would depend. Am I immortal and growing older all the time, or immortal at the age of 20? If the latter, then I choose that one. I would like to see how much longer humanity has before we wipe ourselves from the planet. But growing old, with your skin getting thin and your hair falling out, and all of the illnesses and such - that is no fun.
16. Tell us about something positive you have done for yourself or someone recently.
A. I purchased one of those $5 food donations at the grocery store. I signed it "From Hillary Clinton." I also stuck $10 in the Salvation Army bin just last night.
17. One thing you like about your appearance?
A. I have interesting eyes.
18. Something that makes you feel better after a hard day?
A. Going to bed.
19. If you have one, name a favorite book & movie.
A. Book: Lao Tzu Tao Te Ching: A Book About the Way and the Power of the Way, a New English Version by Ursula K. Le Guin. Movie: The Return of the King in the Lord of the Rings series.