1. As you can see, Sam (meme author) loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
A. Apparently when I was a toddler I was not a Santa fan, but that changed as I grew older. However, I discovered who Santa was when I was quite young, so that may have made a difference.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
A. I hope I am on the Nice list. I haven't done anything special except work hard to improve my health and keep the household running under trying conditions. But maybe that is enough.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
A. I sent cards to California, but no gifts.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
A. I bought a few pieces of clothing when I was making other purchases, sometimes because it was cheaper to buy myself something than pay the shipping, if it moved the purchase up to the "free shipping" category.
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
A. If you count Rudolph in clay animation, then that one. If it has to be a longer movie, then probably It's a Wonderful Life, although I really don't go out of my way to watch any holiday movies.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
A. I don't think so.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
A. Fortunately, for the last 20+ years I have worked from home. However, a few years ago I went to the office party of one of the publications I frequently wrote for, and they were playing Bad Santa. When it came time to go get my "gift" which someone could then steal from me, I picked up an unopened bottle of wine from the table and said, "May I have this?" The owner laughed and waved me away with it. Of course it was stolen from me and everyone who took it. I ended up with a coffee mug.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
A. Hot chocolate.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
A. Last year we were surprised when my 26-year-old nephew came home from Florida. He had told us he had to work but he caught a red-eye (or whatever they are called) and flew in. We were very happy to see him.
Merry Christmas from Blue Country Magic!
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.