Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sunday Stealing: Wish List, Part 1

Sunday Stealing
Wish List Meme, part one

1.) What are 3 things on your wish list and why?

A. I don't really have a wish list, but I think I would like (a) for someone to come in and take care of my clutter and redo my house - with me away somewhere knowing things I think I treasure (but probably really don't) are being thrown out while new things are being brought in (like one of those house-remodeling TV shows); (b) for my husband to be able to retire, because he is 57 years old and all the things he does are physical and dangerous (firefighting, farming, construction), and (c) to lose weight, because I would probably feel better.
 
2.) Do you miss your childhood?

A. Hell no.

3.) What do you do on your spare time on the weekends?

A. I change the bed linens, give the house a clean-over as best I can with my current health issues, and then play video games, read, play the guitar, and have dinner with my husband.

4.) What do you appreciate most in your life?

A. My husband.

5.) Would you rather be rich or healthy?

A. Healthy. If you're healthy you can work on being rich, but if you're rich and sick, all you have are good doctors who aren't going to do much for you anyway.

6.) If you could go back in time would you and why?

A. I would like to go back in time to look around, so long as it didn't affect the future. I would like to see how the pyramids were built, for example, and how Stonehenge was actually constructed and what it was used for.

7.) Favorite game as a child?

A. I don't recall having one, really, but the first thing that came to mind was Candyland, so I will go with that one.

8.) What is your dream career?

A. At this point, I honestly don't have one. I still like to write and hopefully one day will get a book written, but I no longer see that as a career option. The Internet has changed the path I was on so much that it is unrecognizable to me as the one I wanted when I was younger.

9.) What do you do in your free time?

A. Isn't that the same as question #3? The answer is the same.

10.) Favorite clothing stores?

A. Belk and JC Penny.

11.) What TV shows can't you live without?

A. I don't watch much TV and could live without it. I currently like Big Bang Theory, Masters of Sex, and Game of Thrones. I am waiting to see the second season of Supergirl. I also watch Survivor but I don't know why.

12.) Three things you need in your life are:

A. My husband, sleep, and mental stimulation.
 
13.) What can't you sleep without?

A. I sleep on a wedge because I cannot lie flat because of abdominal adhesions.

14.) Who do you have a celebrity crush on?

A. No one, really. But I'll go with Viggo Mortenson and Orlando Bloom, because, Lord of the Rings.

15.) What is your favorite season and why?

A. I like Spring. I used to like Autumn, and I still do, but as I've grown older I have come to appreciate the new life that Spring brings.

16.) What is your favorite wild animal?

A. I like bears.

17.) Name three of your favorite childhood shows:


A. H. R. Pufnstuff, The Land of the Lost, and Isis.

18.) If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be?


A. I would be Arwen in Lord of the Rings. She's an elf with powers and she marries Aragorn.

19.) Favorite vegetables?


A. Green beans and carrots.

20.) Favorite fruit?


A. Concord grapes. Grapes are a fruit, aren't they?

21.) If you had a dragon what would you name it?


A. Drachen.

22.) What do you put on hotdogs?


A. Usually only ketchup and pickle relish. Sometimes I go wild and add a little mustard.

23.) Do you play online games?


A. I only play single-player games, but they are online. I do not play multi-player games.

24.) What is your favorite way to get inspired?


A. Listen to music and/or take a walk in the woods.

25.) Do you have a middle name?


A. Yes. Apparently it is Trouble, because that is what everyone in the county seat would say when they saw me entering a room. "Here comes trouble." That was when I was writing for the newspaper.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. I would agree with you on Orlando Bloom as Legolas, but only as Legolas. I find him kind of wimpy, otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viggo! Have you seen Captain Fantastic? It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on my list of things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, you often see questions about going back in time I want to jump AHEAD in time about 40 years, and see how the history books record this period in our history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your middle name answer cracked me up. For awhile as a kid, I really thought my middle name was Grace because my mom (and ocassionally Dad) called me that so often.
    HR Pufnstuff! Flashback to the 70s!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very nice answer about Spring. And Orlando Bloom played a pirate, too. He is delicious. heehee
    Sorry about the darn adhesions. I have some, too. They can take the breath away, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.