|Pontiac T-1000, 1982. Mine|
looked like this. Ugly thing,
3. A wired VCR that cost over $300 to purchase (1984).
4. My first purchased new car - a Pontiac T-1000, bought in 1982 - cost about $7,000.
5. When Patty Hearst was kidnapped in 1974 and then arrested for joining the group that had taken her. Even back then, though I was but a teenager, I never thought she did anything out of her own free will but instead was a victim of brainwashing. I still think that. Only she knows, I suppose.
6. Eight-track tapes that played in endless loops, with big speakers in cars that blasted so loud it nearly knocked you off your feet.
7. American Top 40, with Casy Casem. It played every Sunday evening and I listened to it religiously after I turned 10.
8. Jimmy Carter wearing a sweater in the White House.
9. The day John Lennon was shot - my teachers cried (1980).
10. The day Ronald Reagan was shot - I was in school and did not believe a classmate when first told (1981).
11. Rooting for Billy Jean King to beat Bobby Riggs (1973).
12. The explosion of the Space Shuttle Challenger on January 28, 1986.
13. When man took his first step on the moon (July 20, 1969). My grandmother called us in from playing to watch the event on TV.
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 471st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.