Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. (I bet I am one of the few people who is not enamored of Adele.)
1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone?
A. It's a stupid phone. It's a flip phone I talk on. It doesn't text or anything.
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy?
A. I try to be, but according to our light bill, I am unsuccessful at this endeavor.
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up?
A. The last call I made was to my electric company because my lights keep blinking. The customer service representative was not exactly rude, but she kept insisting she couldn't help me without my account number. I have called my electric company many times (including just two days prior for the same problem) and never needed my account number. She argued with me for quite a while, and after much pain I finally found my account number (I was in a different room and having a very bad and difficult day), and in the process of looking for said number, I tripped over a table and all of my colored pencils went flying when I caught myself (plus I hurt my arm). I asked to speak with her supervisor but she did not put me through but instead said she would "have her call you back." She also would not give me her name. So far I haven't had any supervisor call me back. So that was the last call I made prior to answering these questions and it really pissed me off. I would like to rip someone a new one. Do you think the supervisor will call me back? I rather doubt it.
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never?
A. I drink tea every day.
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she likes two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake?
A. Looking at my waistline, I would say not.
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?"
A. I said it to my physical therapist on Thursday when I was not able to reach a certain level on a task we were trying to do. An unnecessary apology, to be sure. I don't recall the last time I did something to someone and they deserved an apology for it, but I say "I'm sorry" a lot. It's a bad habit. On the whole, I try to be a good person and not hurt other people. Electric company customer service representatives may be my new exception.
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health?
8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected?
A. I can't say that I have.
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom?
A. I thought I kept a neat bedroom, though there were always lots of books. My parents might have thought otherwise, I don't know.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.