Because Eloquent Obi suggested Bob Marley. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In Jamaica, "jamming" means to celebrate. What's going on in your life today that's worth celebrating?
A. I'm not dead yet. That's personally. Nationally, I am celebrating Hillary Clinton's nomination for president, the first female to be nominated by a major party for the country's highest office.
2) The group that became famous as "The Wailers" originally called themselves "The Teenagers." What was trendy when you were a teenager (clothes, music, etc.)?
A. Guys had long hair. Disco was coming of age, along with the sounds of The Eagles and the Allman Brothers. Clogs were a big thing, too, I think. We called marijuana Mary Jane. Movie? Grease. We were kind of the bridge generation between the 1960s and the 1970s. A lost sort of generational, not really old enough to be Baby Boomers but too old to be anything else.
3) Bunny Wailer and Bob Marley were very close. In addition to being bandmates, they were friends in elementary school and later became family (Bunny's dad and Bob's mom had a daughter together). Who has known you the longest?
A. Not counting family, I have some Facebook friends who have known me since second grade. My husband is my closest friend who has known me the longest, followed by my friend Leslie, who has known me about six months less than my husband.
4) Does the person you named in #3, the one who's known you longest, know you best?
A. I suppose so. Between the two of them, one of them should be able to figure out what is going on.
5) Bandmate Peter Tosh became an avid unicycle rider. What's your favorite form of exercise?
A. I like to walk on the treadmill, when I actually do it, and I also like Tai Chi. I am not much on bicycles or anything that requires me to get on the floor.
6) Bob Marley was known for his signature dreadlocks. When were you last in a stylist’s chair?
A. According to my calendar, about three weeks ago.
7) Marley's charisma is credited for popularizing reggae music the world over. Are you a fan?
A. Not particularly. But I don't dislike it.
8) Mr. Marley is one of the highest-earning dead celebrities, and manufacturers pay his estate to use his likeness to sell their merchandise. What dead celebrity have you seen recently on a t-shirt, mug, poster, etc.?
A. I don't look for dead celebrity things. I have seen a Monty Python Holy Grail T-Shirt and some Lord of the Rings things, but I do not recall seeing anything about any dead celebrities. Well, I suppose some of the photos of dead presidents that were shown at the DNC would count.
9) Random question: Have you ever had your palm read?
A. I had a general palm reading combined with a tarot card reading once. It was about 10 years ago. The guy was pretty intuitive.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.