So I thought, hey, for Thursday 13, do a list of misheard song lyrics. (These are not all mine. That is what Google is for.)
1. Here's what I hear in Bohemian Rhapsody: "I see a little stiletto on a man, shot a moose, shot a moose, will you do the fandango?" Actual lyrics: I see a little silhouetto of a man Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango. (A scaramouch is a beastly but cowardly person, according to the online dictionary. I had to look it up.)
2. Here's what I hear in Bad Moon Rising (Credence Clearwater: "There's a bathroom on the right." Actual lyrics: There's a bad moon on the rise.
3.Here's a misheard lyric from Toto's song, Africa: "There's nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do." Actual lyric: There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do.
4. Misheard lyric from Dire Strait's Money for Nothing: Money for nothing and the checks are free. Actual lyrics: Money for nothing and chicks are free.
5. Misheard lyric from Bryan Adams' Summer of 69, "I had my first real sex dream, at the time I was five." Actual lyric: Got my first real six string, bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it till my fingers bled. It was the summer of 69.
6. How did you interpret this one back in the day? Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, Blinded By the Light. I misheard it as "wrapped up like an edition of the Roller in the night." It is often mistaken as “wrapped up like a douche when you’re rollin’ in the night.” Actual line: Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.
7. Misheard lyric from Elton John's Tiny Dancer: Hold me closer, Tony Danza. Actual lyric: Hold me closer, tiny dancer.
8. Misheard lyric from Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer: It doesn’t make a difference if we’re naked or not. Actual lyric: It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not.
9. Misheard lyric from the Beatle's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds: The girl with colitis goes by. Actual lyric: The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
10. Misheard lyric from The Carpenter's Sleigh Ride: There's a happy feeling nothing in the world can buy, when they pass an alligator with the pumpkin pie. Actual lyric: There's a happy feeling nothing in the world can buy, When they pass around the coffee and the pumpkin pie,
11. Misheard lyric from Madonna's Like a Virgin: Like a virgin, touched for the thirty-first time. Actual lyric: Like a virgin, touched for the very first time.
12. Misheard lyric (and title) from Annie Lennox's Sweet Dreams are Made of This: Sweet dreams are made of these. Actual lyric: Sweet Dreams are made of this. (Really.)
13. Misheard lyric from
How about you? Any songs you tend to "mishear?"
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 453rd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.