Sunday, May 08, 2016

Sunday Stealing: Monsters

From Sunday Stealing

Monsters in the Closet Meme

1. Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed?

A. Open. It stays open all the time because one of the heating/cooling registers is in there and if you shut the door it messes up the air circulation.

2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?

A. No, because they are usually scented and I have to have unscented everything.

3. Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room?

A. Yes. I'm married. That's what vacations are for.

4. Where is your next vacation?

A. We haven't planned one, though we are considering Savannah, GA.

5. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?

A. Can't say that I have.

6. Who do you think reads these?

A. Other meme writers and some of my regular readers.

7. Do you have a calendar in your room?

A. I have a Lord of the Rings calendar hanging on my wall. For May, it is Frodo Baggins. June is Legolas and I can't wait to turn the page. It might stay June the rest of the year.

8. Where are you?

A. In my office in my house on a farm in Virginia.

9. What’s your plan for the day?

A. Saturday, as I answer this, I am having a high pain day, and my husband has literally ordered me not to do anything strenuous. I have been instructed to find a good book and read it. Of course, I am not doing that, I am answering these questions and otherwise playing around on the computer. Sunday I am hoping to feel well enough to straighten the house up and have my mother-in-law over for dinner, but that is really going to depend on how I am.

10. Are you reading any books right now?

A. No, I am answering these questions. But the books I am reading are something by Neil Gaiman that I can't remember the name of, and The Japanese Lover by Isabela Allende (?). And my new O! magazine.

11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?

A. I am sure I have at some point but it is not routine.

12. Have you ever peed in the woods?

A. Yes, when I was young and my family went camping.

13. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?

A. Yes.

14. Do you chew your pens and pencils?

A. Sometimes.

15. What is your “Song of the Week”?

A. I don't really have one, but I have today been singing lines from And When I Die by Blood, Sweat, and Tears. You can hear it here.

16. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?

A. Of course it is. My husband looks great in his pink shirt.

17. Do you still watch cartoons?

A. I haven't in a while, but I would if they would show something worth watching. I used to watch Captain Planet and the Planeteers when I was in my 30s.

18. What's your favorite love movie?

A. Dirty Dancing.

19. What do you drink with dinner?

A. Water.

20. What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?

A. I don't eat chicken nuggets.

21. What is your favorite food/cuisine?

A. Chocolate is my favorite food, but it is soon going out of my life.

22. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?

A. All three movies in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Under the Tuscan Sun, Forest Gump, Dirty Dancing, Mamma Mia! (Pierce Brosnan trying to sing cracks me up), Monty Python and the Holy Grail,  and many others.

23. Last person you hugged/kissed?

A. My husband.

24. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?

A. No. I wanted to be, but my mother worked a full-time job and I could not make the meetings.

25. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?

A. I assure you, no one would want to see that.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

10 comments:

  1. Your list of films is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some nasty things going on with many chicken nuggets. I haven't had those in years thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite movies list is great...we match up on a bunch of them and could on more even though I didn't list them. There are just too many great movies to list! Would you believe I bought Mama Mia when it came out and I still haven't watched it??? I need to take care of that one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this vague desire to visit Savannah some day, but I keep thinking it would be too hot/humid. Sorry about your pain. I hope you are feeling better today. And really sorry to hear you must remove chocolate from your diet. What else is there to live for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the chicken nugget question weird. Don't just kids eat that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken nuggets are just too gross to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Legolas is yummy! Chicken nuggets are not.
    That pain is not. Hope you feel a lot better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 - Closet door closed. Always.
    4 - Vacation? What's a vacation?
    7 - Which room?? I do have two calendars at home, and a small one in my bag.
    8 - Is this some sort of existential question?
    10 - Just finished "The Obsession" by Nora Roberts and am starting "Murder on the Rocks" by Allyson K Abbott.
    11 - I do wear a pedometer. There are days at my second job I put in 5 miles of walking easily.
    16 - Some guys look good in pink.
    26 - Definitely NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Legolas is a cutie! And I love chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.