Thursday, February 04, 2016

Thursday Thirteen

Here it is - the great "what's on my kitchen counters" list.


1. An Oster toaster oven. We had one that nearly caught the kitchen on fire right before Christmas. I sent Oster a message, and they sent me a new one, free of charge.

2. A cup of tea, steeping and standing too long because I was taking pictures.

3. An electric tea kettle.

4. That thing under the towel is my Kitchen Aid mixer.


 
5. A Keurig, which I have not yet figured out how to use. My husband uses it for coffee. I know I can use it for tea but so far have not. The one cup I did make tasted like leftover coffee, so I haven't tried again.

6. A combination blender/food processor.

7. An EpiPen kit. My husband is allergic to bees and I'm allergic to everything, so we always keep one right there in the corner where we can find it. No moving of EpiPens allowed.

8. A cordless phone. Because you must talk to your friends whilst you are cooking, you know.



9. A Food Saver. I call it a laminator, because being a writer and bookish person, laminating is more familiar to me than food preparation or storage.

10. A roll of paper towels.

11. A gallon of vinegar, which I used last night to clean out the warm mist humidifier and did not put back.

12. Kitchen scissors.

13. Piles of paper from working on the taxes and not going through the mail for a week.


 
 
 
And obviously much more junk.


What in your kitchen?

_____________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 433rd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

7 comments:

  1. Would you like me to come clean up that hoarder pile on the counter? I'm getting really good and throwing things away!! Lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a NEW TOASTER OVEN AND A NEW BLENDER IMMERSION BADLY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have enough counter space for even half that. I have to actually put the papers in my office instead. *Sigh* Poor me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last shot looks more like mine! I have all the usual suspects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cleanest toaster oven that I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kitchen is very similar: Keurig, toaster, mail, breadbox, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For #5 -- they recommend running a cup of plain water after making hot chocolate, so you may want to try doing that before making a cup of tea. Like Alice, I lack the counter space for all you have. A toaster and paper towels are the items usually sitting on my counter, as well as the dish drainer. MINE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.