Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thursday Thirteen

Places I'd like to visit, but probably never will.

1. The Great Pyramids. I've always wanted to see those up close and personal.

2. Ireland. My father's family hails from the Emerald Isle. I'm also taken by the legends of druids and Celts.

3. Scotland. Some of my mother's family hails from this land. I've always had a thing for Mary, Queen of Scots, too. I've read several biographies about her.

4. England. Because England swings like a pendulum do, bobbies on the bicycle two by two, West Minister Abby, the Tower of Big Ben and the rosy little cheeks of the little children. Plus I have an Internet friend there. And there's Stonehenge.

5. Japan. I know little about Asian culture and would like to see and learn about these people.

6. Machu Picchu, Peru. Because it is old and I strongly suspect I would feel lots of energetic vibes from this place.

7. Someplace deep in the Amazon. I wouldn't mind getting lost in the jungle for a while.

8. Paris. I've actually been to Paris once, but I was a teenager. I would like to go back as an adult, when I can better appreciate it.

9. Italy. Because Under the Tuscan Sun is one of my favorite chick flicks.

10.  Greece. Because I like old stuff and would like to see the places where the many gods were worshipped, particularly the female ones, like Artemis and Athena.

11. Alaska. It looks like beautiful country in the travel guide my father brought back from his trip.

12. Hawaii. Because Alaska is cold!

13. New Zealand. Hobbits. Dwarves. Gandalf. Need I say more?



Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 413th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Great list Sis. I agree with all of them except Japan. Been there done that, didn't like it. Alaska is awesome! I really want to go back there and back to Newfoundland as well. New Zealand is in my sights as my next conquest............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to four on your list but would like to add at least four more! Remember the trip that Jack Nicholson took Morgan Freeman on in The Bucket List? That is my fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great places. Great sites. I'd love to see them too. Who knows--maybe we'll see each other at one of those someday. I can always hope.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2015/09/just-in-time-for-octoberalmost-thirteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the exception of 11 and 12, it's all on my bucket list. I've already done Alaska and Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not one who yearns to travel, but would enjoy a trip to Hawaii, and also a return trip to British Columbia, Maine and Vermont.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the first four and last six, but like you -- probably won't ever see them. I'd also love to return to Norway, and visit Sweden while I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.