Monday, July 27, 2015

The Baptism

My niece and my sister-in-law received their baptism in the James River in Buchanan on Sunday afternoon. They have been attending Fincastle Baptist Church for about 18 months.

Fincastle Baptist Church has a long history in Botetourt County. It was founded in 1831 and up until 2005, the ministry was located in the town of Fincastle. The congregation now worships in a large new facility on the outskirts of town.

The church is lead by the Reverend Kevin Cummings.

The river was quite busy Sunday afternoon with people canoeing, floating, and swimming.


The pastor readies his flock for their baptism. 


My niece, Zoe, getting ready to be baptized.







Zoe going under.




Coming up, anew.



Getting out of the water.


My sister-in-law, Dina, with the pastor.



Dina going under.



Dina rising up, born again.


Leaving the water.

Dina, Zoe, and my step-mother after the event.


My nephew, Trey, looking on.


My father and husband, also watching.


My father and nephew.


My brother and step-mother.


My niece, my sister-in-law, and my brother


Dina receiving a congratulatory hug.


My brother and nephew.


Dina, glowing.

My niece and her father.


My husband, my father, my stepmother, and my brother.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful experience to share,
    Long ago, my sister and I were baptized in the ocean, at night, with phosphorescent dinoflagellates all around. It was an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.