Friday, October 03, 2014

Taking the Cousins to Blue Ridge Winery

Botetourt County has three wineries, and I always enjoy Blue Ridge Vineyard in Eagle Rock. You can't beat the views. I don't know about the wine as I don't drink, but the views are spectacular.


 
Isn't that pretty?
 
 
Cousin Kathy with the official greeter at the winery.
 
 
 
Cousin Karen looking over things.
 
 
The wine tasting.
 
 
A sampling of the vineyard's offerings.
 
 
 
The tasting room.
 
 
Apparently it was good wine; they each took some home with them.
 
 
Outside there is a big floor space for dancing and gatherings.
 
 
Wouldn't it be a nice spot for a wedding?
 
 
One year we were up here and saw bears.
 
 
A contemplative moment for Cousin Karen.
 
 
And a final shot of Uncle Buddy at my mother-in-law's, because, well, he's Uncle Buddy.

3 comments:

  1. oh yes, this is my favorite local winery, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our daughter has booked her wedding there for next year. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.