Sunday, September 07, 2014

I Lose That Discussion Every Time

From Sunday Stealing

Alphabetty


A. What are your favorite smells?

Ah, the aroma of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, the smell in the air as the rain starts over the mountain and down the valley, and the scent of my fellow immediately after a shower.
 
B. Can you go a whole day without caffeine?

I go every day without caffeine, except for whatever might be in chocolate.
 
C. Who knows more about you than anyone else?

My significant other, I suppose.
 
D. What song did you last listen to?

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you could know, whoa whoa whoa!
 
E. Do you have a crush on anybody?

I've been married for almost 31 years. What do you think? My husband would say I have a crush on Legolas as played by Orlando Bloom in Lord of the Ring and Hobbit movies. I don't much care for Bloom in other movies, though.
 
F. Do you like The Beatles?

She loves you, yeah yeah yeah!
 
G. If you could choose one color to wear for a whole year, what color would you choose?

Blue.
 
H. Do you cook often?

Every darned day, well, almost.
 
I. What was the last film you watched? Did you like it?

The Replacements, with Keanu Reeves. It is one of my husband's favorites. I like parts of it okay.
  
J. Can you sew?

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan! And I can put a button on your G-D pants!
 
K. What is your favorite fruit?

I like fruit cocktail with cherries in it. I know that is not a specific fruit but that is my favorite.
 
L. Are you health conscious?

I'm overweight and on a bazillion drugs. I try very hard to be health conscious but I was raised on bologna and mayo sandwiches and exercise consisted of feeding the chickens, not jogging down the lane. I'm over 50 and I still can't get the hang of taking care of myself.
 
M. What is your middle initial?

One of these letters of the alphabet.
 
N. Do you curse a lot?

You're G-D right I do, you @$@#$%#@@@#$%%$.
 
O. When was the last time you had a beer?

About 30 years ago. I might swear like a sailor, but I don't drink alcohol.

P. Are you pro sports fan?

No. I like the Olympics. Does that count?
 
Q. Is there a certain food you often crave for no reason?

Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate.
 
R. What was the last book you purchased?

Walden, by Henry David Thoreau. I found it for free and downloaded it on the Kindle.
 
S. Where was your last vacation?

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (2 years ago now)
 
T. Do you share your fries?

I don't eat fries very often, but I would share if I were asked politely.
 
U. Did you ever play seven minutes in heaven?

I don't even know what that is.
 
V. Girls, when was the last time you went out without a bra? Guys, when was the last time you went shirtless in public?

Recently, and that's as specific as I shall get.

W.  What's the longest you've gone "unplugged"?

The first 35 years of my life.

X. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how did it happen?

I fell in the basement at my grandmother's house and broke my wrist when I was 11. I cracked a rib when I fell off a pony at the age of 9. In my 30s, I broke a bone in my ankle when I stepped in a hole in the field.
 
Y. How do you like your eggs?

Scrambled.
 
Z. What was your last argument about and with whom?

With my husband over something that I've been asking him to fix for the last 25 years. It's still broken so obviously I lose that discussion every time. It's what old married people do.
 

5 comments:

  1. ha, i enjoyed these...you seem in a fun mood today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes--your breaks sound painful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on L...except I'm over 70 and still don't know how to take care of myself (or care, I guess)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't even get me started with those unfinished projects.......uugghhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't resist answering a few...

    A -- Chicken or anything chocolate baking (cookies, brownies...)
    B -- I don't do caffeine, except what might be in chocolate
    D -- "(She's) Sexy & 17" by the Stray Cats was playing as I read/answered this.
    F -- Love The Beatles!
    G -- Blue -- it comes in enough shades for variety.
    I -- I watched "Brian's Song" on TV last night. Sniffle.
    N -- Depends on your definition of "a lot."
    O -- I'm probably the only person in Wisconsin who does't like beer
    P -- I do like some pro sports (Go Packers!)
    Q -- Duh, chocolate
    R -- I picked up two older mysteries by Ann Perry at the library used book sale on Saturday (50 cents each)
    V -- Last night, when I took the garbage out after dinner (those chicken wrappers need to go out right away)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.