Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Mine Would Be You(recommended by Kathy W)

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The lyrics mention his respect for "90 proof and Marlboro Red." What was your most recent drink? When was your last cigarette?

A. My most recent drink was a root beer that I had on Friday. My last cigarette was sometime when I was a teenager, around 1980, when I tried smoking and failed miserably at it. I lead a terribly prudish and boring life.

2)  They also reference "singing like crazy fools." What's the last song you sang?

A. Starry Starry Night (Vincent) by Don McLean.

3) Blake Shelton won a Grammy for his performance of this song. Crazy Sam won the award for "most improved bowler" when she was in third grade, and it's now in a closet somewhere. Do you have any trophies? If so, where are they?

A. I don't think I have any trophies. I won a certificate for the classroom spelling bee when I was in the 5th grade. It's in a file folder with my high school diploma, I think.

4) Blake is currently on tour. The merchandise sold at concerts brings in big money for the artist. Do you have any tour memorabilia (like a poster or t-shirt)?

A. Can't say that I do. My husband has his ticket from a Rolling Stones concert. Does that count?

5) In addition to The Voice, Shelton is on TV a lot with his Pizza Hut commercials. What chain restaurant is nearest your home? Do you eat there?


A. The absolute closest chain restaurant would be a Subway. I eat there maybe once every two years or so. There's a Papa Johns right next to it and I never eat there.
 
6) Shelton has a million-seller CD called Cheers! It's Christmas! What's the first Christmas carol to pop into your head this hot summer Saturday?

A. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

7) Shelton and Miranda Lambert were married in front of 550 guests. Do you enjoy weddings?

A. I haven't been to one in a very long time.

8) The wedding took place on a big Texas ranch. Have you spent much time on a farm or a ranch?

A. I live on a farm! I've spent about 45 years on a farm.

9) In 2013 he helped organize a relief benefit concert for victims of the Oklahoma tornados. Tell us about a charity you support.
 
A. I give money every year to Mount Union Cemetery, a nonprofit corporation, which oversees the graveyard where my mother is buried. This helps ensure that the grounds are mowed and things are properly kept up. I urge everyone to donate to local cemeteries so that the graves of loved ones are maintained. A few dollars can make a big difference.
 

7 comments:

  1. I donate a lot locally, too. I like knowing the money is staying here instead of going to some corporate office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure whether I think the farm or the non-cigarette alcohol free life are the coolest. Very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't know that you could donate to cemeteries. i agree that that would be important to keep up the maintenance of the grounds. i should look into that. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the worst speller ever. I use to have to carry a small dictionary around with me. Thank goodness for smart phones with spell check :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that song Starry Starry Night - I haven't heard that in forever. Thanks :)
    And you live the life you want and are happy with it. I applaud that! I don't consider you prudish - I consider you happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of donating to a cemetery, but sounds like a very good cause. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1- Have never smoked, last alcoholic drink was in February. 2 - I've been singing along with The Eagles all morning. 3 - No trophies, but I do have some certificates and ribbons 4 - I do have a few concert t-shirts 5 - Oh, boy...what ISN'T near me? We have Culver's, Subway, McDonald's, Wendy's, Silver Mine Subs, Popeye's, KFC... many more, but I rarely eat fast food.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.