Saturday, July 12, 2014

We Were the Local Gossip

Saturday 9: Already Gone (recommended by Diana)

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) Eagles lead singer Glenn Frey proclaims that he's "feeling strong." How would you describe yourself this fine Saturday?

A. Oy vey. After the week I've had - worn out, tired, in pain, and feeling old.


2) The song begins with a rumor: "I heard some people talking just the other other day ..." Have you heard anything juicy/interesting lately? Please share!

A. My husband got his arm caught in a hay baler last Saturday, so we were the local gossip last week. He was in the hospital for five days and had two surgeries. He is doing okay considering.


3) When "Already Gone" was popular, the news was dominated by Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal. What do you consider today's top news story?

A. Unrest in the Middle East. Again.


4) In the 1970s, Eagles Glenn Frey and Don Henley were at the center of a social circle of very creative people, including singer Linda Ronstadt, singer-songwriter Jackson Browne and actor-comedian Steve Martin. How do you express your creativity? 

A. I write, play the guitar, and sing. Sometimes I doodle.

5) Even though they broke up in 1980, the Eagles are currently on a reunion tour, and after knowing each other more than 40 years, Frey and Henley still consider each other friends. What quality to do you value most in a friendship?
 
A. Acceptance of who I am. 

 6) Are there any mirrors in the room you're in right now?
 
A. Yes. I have one to reflect the door because I heard it was good feng shui to do that.

7) What's the last beverage you drank with ice?
 
A. Ginger ale at the hospital. 

8) Whole, skim, 2%, half-and-half, almond or soy ... what kind of milk is in your refrigerator right now?

A. None. I have evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk in the pantry, though.

9) Sam likes to mix sliced almonds into her salad. What do you think makes a good salad?

A. Lettuce, spinach, tomato, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, goat cheese, ham or chicken (or both), and cranberries.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, my God! I just read this post, as well as the TT below, and it was harrowing! So glad your husband got through it all, and that you were there by his side. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary for you and your hubby! Hope he heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing your husband a speedy recovery! And respite for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am glad he is doing better, that surely was a terrible week and hope all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No! I hope it didn't cause any permanent damage and you husband fully recovers {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so badly for your husband - I will have a good thought for him today. I wished I had read this before I made a flippant reply to you comment on my blog. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a lot of hot spots around this world. uggg...
    I had a friend whose father had that happen to him. He was not as lucky as your husband. Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speedy recovery to your husband! Hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Another lady guitar/singer/songwriter! When asked what my interests and pastimes are I get some weird looks! They think I should be baking Madeira cakes or in a Bingo Hall!

    ....my best wishes to your hubby...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How's hubby now?

    I wish I could play guitar. Or any instrument but (just?) my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad I'm not the only person who had "none of the above" for the milk question. I have 1% in my fridge, occasionally buy chocolate, and forgot all about the can of sweetened condensed I bought to make the fudge I never got round to last Christmas (good thing it's good through the end of this year). Hope you've finally been able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.