Monday, June 02, 2014

Books: Midnight Bayou

Midnight Bayou
By Nora Roberts
Audio 5 discs (6 hours)
Abridged
Read by James Daniels & Sandra Burr
Copyright 2002


Nora Robert offers up a romantic suspense - almost a gothic romance - in this interesting tale set in the New Orleans bayous.

Declan, from Boston, has been drawn to the old Manet mansion ever since he was a teenager. Now a wealthy lawyer (retiring early at the old age of 30 something), he decides to purchase the place and fix it back up.

But the mansion has a history, harboring secrets of murder and pain. The ghosts affect Declan - but thanks to Lina Simone, who has her own connection to the house - he manages to work it all out.

This was well-read by Daniels and Burr, with Burr alternating on the back story. Daniels did a nice job with different voices of characters. It always amazes me how much a good reading of a book matters with regards to how well I enjoy it.

Anyway, Roberts does not disappoint with this story. I enjoyed it very much.

1 comment:

  1. I read this one some years back and also enjoyed it. I'm planning to start "The Hollow" (book two in the Sign of Seven trilogy) as soon as I finish my current book, "East of Eden." I hoped to get a chunk of it read over the weekend, but ended up having little time to read. So, only about 50 pages read instead of the 200 planned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.