Sunday, April 13, 2014

I Was Driving Tractors

From Sunday Stealing

Bonus Questions Meme

1.What’s your favorite frozen treat on a stick?

A. I don't really have one. I guess a Popsicle. I don't do milk products at all so some kind of frozen water.

2.What’s your favorite lollipop?

A. What, are these questions for third graders? I have no idea. As long as it doesn't taste like coconut, I'm good with it.

3.When you passed notes during class in high school, who was mostly often the recipient?

A. Oy vey, they are questions for third graders! I didn't pass notes after the second grade. Do you really want to hear this story? When I was in the second grade, a boy passed a note to me, and I wrote something and passed it back. It was probably something such as, "I like you" and "I like you too." The teacher intercepted it and pinned it to the bulletin board. She then made each and every student parade in front of the bulletin board, one at a time, and read the note. I sat in my desk and cried the entire time. After that I never passed another note, I assure you.

4.Who among your high school friends was the first to get his or her own car?

A. Good Lord. That was 35 years ago. Do you honestly think I remember that? I grew up in a rural community. I was driving tractors and farm trucks by the time I was 12. So was every other kid who lived on a farm.

5.Who’s the black sheep in your family?

A. I think I am.

6.Who’s the family historian?

A. I am.

7.What was the last thing you sprayed from a spray bottle?

A. Does dishwashing liquid count? It doesn't really spray, it sort of oozes, but that was the last thing I used.

8.What was the last thing you sprayed from an aerosol can?

A. My guess would be Lysol.

9.When did you last make reservations for something?

A. Do doctor appointments count? In that case, Friday. If you're talking about fun things like restaurants or plays, it's been so long I can't remember.

10.What’s your next upcoming appointment?

A. Monday morning at 10:00 a.m. I am seeing a new physical therapist for my ongoing issue with abdominal pain. One doctor thinks it being caused by adhesions/scar tissue and somehow this is supposed to help. I have my doubts but am willing to give it a try.

11.What store’s departure from your preferred shopping mall most saddened you?

A. None of them, really. Well, I was not happy when Circuit City closed, leaving us with just Best Buy or Radio Shack for electronic shopping. But it didn't make me sad.

12.What’s good to eat at your preferred shopping mall?

A. I seldom eat there so I couldn't say. The last time I did was probably five years ago.

13.What services (as opposed to goods) do you pay for at your preferred shopping mall?

A. None. This meme sounds like some kind of advertisement for capitalism. I mean, who cares?

14.What’s a store you’ve never been inside at your preferred shopping mall?

A. I haven't been inside my "preferred shopping mall" in over a year. I don't even know what is in there anymore. As you can see, I am not a good consumer.

15.What kind of store would you most welcome in your preferred shopping mall?

A. Yep, definitely a meme for capitalism. Maybe an effort to indoctrinate third graders into the capitalistic system? Book stores are always good. A nice independent book store. I'll go with that for an answer.

16.What did you most recently purchase at an office supply store?

A. Ink cartridges for my HP OfficeJet Pro K5400 printer. They cost over $100, too.

17.What did you most recently purchase at a book store?

A. Duh. A book.

18.What did you most recently purchase at a drugstore?

A. Melatonin pills to see if they would help me sleep. So far I've been too scared to try them because I'm taking so many other drugs.

19.What did you most recently purchase at a convenience store?

A. I don't shop in convenience stores.

20.What did you most recently purchase at a thrift shop?

A. A friend brought me a few denim dresses to try on from the local Goodwill recently when I was too sick to go out. None of them fit and I donated them back.

5 comments:

  1. This was definitely an ode to capitalism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the questions didn't fit with you this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was just awful, what that teacher did! Man!

    I hope the physical therapy helps you. :(

    I just found out about melatonin as a co-worker told me she just started taking them and that it helps her get a good night's sleep. Then another chimed in about that's how she was able to get any sleep during college. I'm kinda leery about taking them, too, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you, miss lady, are in a strange mood for you. but I don't blame you as there are not too many frozen treats on a stick to choose from. I might say fudge popsicle. hmmm, I actually just now learned how to spell popsicle correctly...Buying the melatonin and not taking it sounds like things I do. you know I have been trying to come up with my own memes but they sort of turn out like this one lol. It's not that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of these were capitalistic in nature, weren't they? I rarely shop at the local malls, and couldn't begin to tell you what stores are there. I do know the last thing purchased from an office supply store was a case of invoices for work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.