Monday, March 17, 2014

Books: Forests of the Night

Forests of the Night
By James W. Hall
Copyright 2005
Audiobook read by Laural Merlington
Abridged

This is a new author for me. In this story, Charlotte Monroe is a Florida police officer with an uncanny ability to read faces. The FBI wants her to teach others how to do this.

One day after work, she finds Jacob Panther, a man on the FBI's most wanted list, in her living room. Things unravel for her from there, as her daughter, Gracie (who hears voices), decides to join Panther. Charlotte and her husband, Parker, head to the Great Smokey Mountains and Cherokee country to find out what is going on.

The book is a mystery - who is doing the killing - as well as a look at how ancient history affects the present. This audio reading was an abridged version, and the story felt a little titled to me, not always flowing. Some things seemed a stretch. I couldn't decide if it was the story line or me being inattentive.

The book's amazon ratings are all over the place, though. I think this is one of those books you pick up when you don't have something else to read.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.