1. Google recently sent me a nasty note telling me it was going to do away with another of my blogs, the only one for which I have a registered domain name. It seems Google keeps dunning my credit card for $0.00 and my credit card had expired. Google wants you to have an updated credit card all the time, apparently. I don't like having my credit card numbers on Google. Bad Google, Bad!
2. We only managed to plant four things in the garden this year: cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers. All are doing very well. In fact my kitchen runneth over with these veggies at the moment.
3. We are having September days in August: this morning I woke up to 50 degree temperatures. I don't think we're going to have a real summer this year.
|Mums and Roses|
5. The thing about online friends that you don't know any other way is . . . you don't really know them. Maybe you don't have a telephone number for them or even know a last name. But you care about them anyway, and when something happens to them or they are going through something, you worry. However, you can't really do much more than that and it can be a bit frustrating. I want everyone to be happy and well.
6. Yesterday I saw four turkeys in the field:
7. There was also a mushroom coming up in the side yard. Yesterday it looked like this:
This morning it looks like this:
8. My book club is reading Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I am supposed to like Barbara Kingsolver (but I really don't).
9. I have a storage and organizational issue with my entire house. Sometimes I feel like I need a shovel and a truck. It's not a hoarding issue but it feels cluttered to me. Maybe I need a yard sale?
10. I picked up new lenses for my eyeglasses on Monday. Tuesday I took them back. The doctor examined the prescription and there was no astigmatism correction in the new lenses. No wonder I couldn't see! They are replacing them free of charge.
11. My husband told me this morning that I woke him several times last night as I talked in my sleep. I asked him what I said and he couldn't remember. He asked me if something was bothering me. I told him I thought it was from eating too much cucumber.
12. We are overrun with rabbits. When I had a dog we never had rabbits, and for a few years after she died critters stayed away, but in the last 5 years or so they have decided the yard is fertile ground. Sometimes I miss having a dog.
13. The show I'm into watching at the moment is The Newsroom on HBO. One of my favorite characters is Maggie, though I think a lot of people don't like her. The show this season is different and more character-focused than Season 1. My husband doesn't like this season as well but I do. The characters talk really fast, and my slow southern ears sometimes need a second viewing in order to catch up.
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 307th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.