Friday, July 12, 2013

The Mushroom Has Landed

On Monday, my husband noticed that a huge mushroom had appeared in the side yard. We've had an awful lot of rain this year.



He said it originally was a big round ball. Then it apparently exploded.



The mushroom was located in the same area where I'd seen mushrooms a few weeks ago. However, then there were three smaller mushrooms and not a single large one.


I find fungi to be rather fascinating in the way it grows and looks.


This is my foot (size 7) to show how big the mushroom was.

 
Yesterday, Thursday and three days later, I took this picture of the mushroom.
 

It had an almost wooden quality to it. I found it very attractive.

5 comments:

  1. There really should be a gnome or something living under a mushroom of that quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a big mushroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is amazing the ones we have in our hard. it has been such a rainy year. even raining today. i wonder if it will ever stop? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the shape of mushrooms and the fact that they provide a place of safety for all the tiny fairies in this world. That, by the way, is one huge mushroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is one ginormous mushroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.