Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Cows in Snow

Last weekend we had a little skiff of snow that brought us about an inch or so of the white stuff. The air was very cold.


When I woke, I saw that the momma cows had huddled over here in the sheltered glen in front of the house instead of by the barns. Maybe it was less windy here?
  Their babies were not in sight.


The cows had snow on their backs.

Not long after I took this picture, my husband went outside and started his pickup truck so the ice could melt off the windshield. The cows all stood up in unison, and the mothers went into the cedars to fetch their little ones. Not long after I watched them all, mothers and babies, move in single file toward the area where my husband feeds them hay.


1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.