I took this meme from Sunday Stealing.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
A. That would have been January 27, 2003. Looking back at my journals I apparently was upset with the political scene for one reason or another. Here is a sentence from that day:
"Bush is wading in with his sword of righteousness flaming and held high, ready to invalidate women. Should've know what was coming when John Ashcroft hid the titties on the Statue of Justice in Washington."
Looks like not much has changed there.
You might also remember that in March of 2003, we invaded Iraq. I was opposed to the war from the start, so I imagine I was somewhat agitated about that. The drumbeats of war never ring prettily in my ears.
And in just a few days, I would be upset because Space Shuttle Columbia had disintegrated over Texas, killing all the astronaughts aboard. That happened on February 1.
2. By this time next year, I ...
A. Hope to have lost weight, alleviated some health issues, and written a novel.
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
I certainly hope so. I was a big Hillary Clinton supporter in 2008 and was not happy when she did not win the nomination. I do not think that she will be president, however. I look for Elizabeth Warren to run for the next election, but I do not know if she will receive the nomination. That is a long time and a lot can happen between now and then. I daresay it will be another 12 years, at least, before a woman can be president in this country. I may be very old and shriveled before it happens.
I think it would be a good thing, yes.
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
A. My husband would say it would be Legolas in the Lord of the Rings movie. He has often accused me of having a thing for Orlando Bloom. I am not saying what I would say.
5. Who is your greatest enemy?
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
A. My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach in early October. We had a fairly nice time; I was sick which kept us from having a better time.
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
A. Probably the dictionary though I use the thesaurus frequently, too.
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
A. My husband calls me Pookie.
9. What are you dreading at the moment?
A. Going to see the podiatrist on Wednesday.
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
A. Ha. I have been writing in this blog for six years. It's a little late to worry about that, don't you think?
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
A. No, I don't buy clothes unless they fit. That is a waste of money.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
A. I'll have to get back to you on this one. I strongly suspect I am anal-retentive about most everything so it is hard to come up with just a single example.
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
A. The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgeson Burnette, followed by Nancy Drew books. The Secret Garden because it showed me how much better it was to be nice, and Nancy Drew books because they enforced my desire to write.
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
A. All of them.
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
A. I do not buy my thyroid medicine in generic even though it costs me extra. The generic doesn't work for me.
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
A. I still believe in the spirit of Santa. But I was five when I stopped believing he was a real person. I was too smart for my own good.
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
A. Sour milk.
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
A. No. I don't drink milk so I am not sure what it smells like when it's good.
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
A. Putting the $2,000 in savings and reading a book.
20. What is the most used item in your home?
A. My desktop computer.