Thursday, December 06, 2012

Thursday Thirteen

I ripped off another batch of questions from Sunday Stealing for today's Thursday Thirteen. Why not, you know?


1. Have you anything to confess today?

A. I overslept.

2. Have you ever broken a law? If so, what was it?

A. I have never been convicted of anything. I did go to court for a car wreck once that involved a rear-end collision and I was the car doing the colliding.

3. Have you ever committed an act of betrayal against a friend or family member? Explain.

A. I am sure I have but nothing comes to mind at the moment. I must not have done anything big.

4. Has someone else done something that, to this day, makes you cringe when you think about them committing the act?.

A. Yes. All you have to do is read the paper to see that kind of stuff going on every day.

5. Have you ever found yourself sexually aroused by someone that you absolutely should not have been?

A. Umm. I plead the Fifth.

6. Have you ever cheated at school? How so?

A. No. That was an easy answer. But the question reads as if everyone cheats at school, doesn't it? 

7. What if you came across a backpack stuffed with one hundred thousand dollars. Would you keep it?

A. In the past I have always returned money when I found it. In recent years I've handed over several hundred dollars and a diamond ring. Based on those actions I would say I would hand it over to the police. 

8. What if you were the most powerful person in the world. How would you use that power?
A. I would force everyone to send me chocolate. Ha. Not really. I would implement regulations and fair taxes and make things more equal for all. Yes, I believe in a safety net and a certain level of human dignity for all. I also like to breath clean air.

9. What if you found a magic lamp?

A. I would rub it and a genie would come out. What do you think would happen? Duh.

10. What if you could change one thing about the world. What would that one thing be?

A. I would get rid of hate.

11. What if you could take one thing back. What would that one thing be?

A. If I could take one thing back (from where? This is a silly question) I would take back the last 30 years and we'd have a do-over in the United States so that capitalism did not become the dominant force, so that CEO pay did not become third-world nation despot-like and the unions were stronger (and not corrupt) so that workers could be paid honest living wages. And newspapers would still be relevant.

I think that is more than one thing, though.

12. What if you were stuck on an island forever but had all the water, food and shelter you needed. What would you do?

A. Live.

13. What if the internet didn't exist?

A. I wouldn't be answering these questions. I would probably get more stuff done because I wouldn't be playing on Facebook or reading news articles from Australia. I also wouldn't have met a lot of folks I enjoy communicating with, such as my friend Inga in England and you, dear reader, whoever you are.



Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 271st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. I like your answer for number twelve. I like to think I'd do the same. ;)

    And if the internet didn't exist, I'd have never met my wonderful hubby and I'd not have experienced this life in Italy.

    And that would be a shame.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good,intriguing questions and I like your answers. I feel like I know you a little better after reading them.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-blazing-hot-keyboard-50000-word-novel.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! We should all answer these one week just for fun.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a lot more reading before I had internet service at home, so this one is a no-brainer. However, like you, I would have missed out on some greta international friendships. Hope you are having a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little bit of a third degree? (What a funny phrase.) It made me think how many things I don't say on the internet. I related to the answer about more time without the interpret ...but ditto. http://looseleafnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love these questions. I may have to borrow them for my list next week. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to plead the fifth on way too many of these for my own comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Several thought provoking questions in this bunch, Anita.i agree with your comment for 13 which is why I have been purposely blogging less often. Being online was keeping me from doing other things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't trust anyone who doesn't admit to #5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your answer to no. 12. I haven't played Sunday Stealing for more than a year now. Maybe I should go peep and see what Bud is up to nowadays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.