Monday, December 03, 2012

Hometown Parade

The Town of Fincastle had its annual Christmas Parade on Saturday!


Folks gathered from near and far to watch.



Here's the start! The sheriff's car leads the way.



There were fire trucks.



And rescue vehicles . . .


The color guard from the Lord Botetourt High School Band!


The Lord Botetourt High School Marching Cavaliers! Let's go Big Red!


(I played in the band in high school; I'm partial to the band pictures, sorry!)



The Future Farmers of America. What will they grow for your plate?


Lots of folks on wagons.



I think these folks were supposed to be Peanuts from Charlie Brown, representing
a Charlie Brown Christmas, but I thought they were a little scary myself.



The James River High School Marching Knights!


This group won a lot of something!



Little baby horsies!



So cute!


My friend and former coworker, Cathy Benson.


I thought this was the best float! A gingerbread house created by the preschool.


St. Nick and his wife! Ho Ho Ho!

5 comments:

  1. great account of the parade anita! ha, i thought those peanuts people were kind of scary too with the hood masks!
    by the way, what is that building in your first photo? i used it today too and wanted to write a little about it but didn't know what it housed now to be able to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanuts? Now that's just weird. Wonder who made that decision.. LOL

    Love your snow header and hope we get a bit this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small-town parades, especially Christmas parades, make me happy. I grew up in (or near) small towns, but I never actually watched the parades because I was always in them! I have so many funny parade memories. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know some communities still hold Christmas parades. Great pics of yours, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice day for a parade! We missed the Christmas parade in Strasburg because we went shopping in Walmart and I couldn't find my husband to tell him it was time to leave!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.