Today I must ask some crazy questions:
1. Why do the folks with pets on Facebook think their animals can't spell or must speak in poor English?
2. How do you know which arm rest is yours when you're at the movie theater?
3. How far does east go?
4. When the fire house burns down, is that irony, bad luck, or something else?
5. If I'm doing the driving and you pass me, then you're speeding (and maybe I call you an idiot under my breath). If I pass you, there is no problem (I certainly don't call myself an idiot). What's up with that?
6. If pro and con are opposites, is the opposite of progress ... congress?
7. Is there any difference between normal ketchup and fancy ketchup?
8. If ghosts are not solid and can go through doors and walls, why don't they fall through the floor?
9. Do fish get electrocuted when lightning strikes the ocean? (If so, then how come we still have fish?)
10. Why are some lullabies so violent? (In Rock-A-Bye Baby the kid is in a tree that crashes to the ground.)
11. What does NASA call earthquakes on Venus? Venusquakes?
12. Why are donuts, pizza, and cookies round?
13. Who figured out you could take a cotton ball from a plant,turn it into thread, turn that into material, and then turn that into a shirt?
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here.
I've been playing for a while and this is my 270th time to do a list of 13 on a