Friday, September 28, 2012

Migration Time!

Flowers I planted this spring have proven to be a great draw for birds this fall. This unanticipated benefit has brought me a lot of fun. I am enjoying this opportunity to watch the birds.

However, I don't know their names. I have looked these up in a field guide but I am not sure I am right. If you know differently, please feel free to correct me.




I think this is a Carolina chickadee.


Not a mirror image! Two birds, one on each side of my plastic fence I use to keep the deer out of my flower garden.



I think this is a blue-headed vireo.

I think this is a mockingbird.


Better shot of the mockingbird.

2 comments:

  1. love the "mirror image"....cute visitors you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... I think you named them all correctly. I love chickadees and mockingbirds. Both are so vocal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.