Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Meme Answers


I took this from Sunday Stealing:



1. Ever been given or received an engagement ring? Yes. In July 1983 and the wedding band followed in November the same year.

2. Longest relationship? Present one - 29 years in November.

3. Last gift you received? A friend paid for a cup of tea for me this morning. If you're looking for something tangible, then I guess it would have been a Barnes & Noble gift card.

4. Ever dropped a mobile phone? Yes, but it did not break.

5. When's the last time you worked out? This morning. I walked on the treadmill and used the recumbent bike for a little while.

6. Thing(s) you spend a lot of money on? Books. Notebooks. Chocolate.

7. Last food you ate? A Weight Watchers Smart Ones meal (280 calories).

8. First thing you notice about the opposite sex? Smile. Then eyes.

9. One favorite song? Band on the Run, by Paul McCartney and the Wings

10. Where do you live? On a farm in Virginia.

11. High school attended: The one down the road.

12. Cell phone provider: Why do you want to know that?

13. Favorite shop: A book store. Any book store.

14. Longest job: Writing for the newspaper.

15. Do you own a smart phone? Why? No, I do not. They are too expensive. Plus I am afraid I would get addicted to it.

16. Do you prank call people? Heavens no. I am an old woman. Old women don't do that.

17. Last wedding you attended? It's been a while; I think it was one of my husband's coworkers.

18. First friend you'd call if you won the lottery: Either all of them or none, I am not sure which. I guess it would depend on the amount.

19. Last time you saw your best friend(s): Several weeks ago now. No, wait, I saw one of them at the library last week.
 
20. Favorite fast food Restaurant: Bellacino's, where they serve great pizza and subs.

2 comments:

  1. Seems you learn a lot from these memes, but I have never participated in one myself. I agree with your comment about the cell phone and WHY would the question be asked about a provider. McCartney is a favorite and enjoy his latest standards CD, but Maybe I'm Amazed is an old-time favorite. I too spend time in bookstores and libraries and have also worked for newspapers (weeklies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - thanks for your comment! It's amazing how a bit of encouragement can help you get going on a tough day.

    I have a smart-phone and I like it... it is very useful for all sort of things (a metronome for work, for example) but the battery life is rubbish.

    29 years! About to hit a milestone...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.