Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Coming! The Hobbit in 2012

I am a huge Lord of the Rings fan, so I have been anxiously awaiting the next movie: The Hobbit. This prequel to the first trilogy deals with how Bilbo Baggins obtained the One Ring.

I'm so excited. I have watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy many times; I can recite dialogue from it with ease. For Christmas, I asked for the Blue Ray extended 10th anniversary version that came out this year even though I don't own a Blue Ray player.

Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd.

If you somehow missed Lord of the Rings (and I know a few people who look at me like I'm a nut because they don't watch fantasy films so they haven't seen it), you really should watch it. Not for the magic but for the majesty and the themes of brotherhood and redemption. And for the great cinema.

6 comments:

  1. how exciting. can't wait to tell my friend Marty (she does not do tv or much online)... she is a total fan. i like it ...but she loves it. has the books, the movies & like you has watched the movies so many times she can say pretty much every line. i'm not that good. but still enjoy it. love the soundtrack as well. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as though it is filmed wonderfully... just not a story I ever got into. Bet you are going to love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves the series so I am going to let him know.

    I love your new header. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! These long winter nights are perfect for re-watching the trilogy in preparation for the new movie.
    BTW, I love your winter header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have watched the Lord of the Rings films. I may have to watch the prequel and the trilogy when the prequel comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I remember discovering the books when I was in college. Can't imagine anyone NOT loving them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.