Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Meme Thing

I found this over at Sweet Virginia Breeze and thought I'd play along. It's a holiday Saturday and I'm tired from cleaning house, but wanted to put up a post! It's an alphabet meme.

A. Age: 47

B. Bed: queen

C. Chore you dislike: cleaning the toilets

D. Dogs: None at the moment, but I had oodles (and poodles!) growing up and one as an adult.

E. Essential start of your day: a cup of tea, a walk on the treadmill, a shower.

F. Favorite color: purple
G. Gold or silver: silver

H. Height: Apparently I'm shrinking, but the last check was 5' 2". Very short.

I. Instruments you play: It's been a while so I might not be very good at these any more, but in my time I have played piano, guitar, flute, banjo, mandolin, saxophone, piccolo, dobro, dulcimer.

J. Job title: freelance writer, college student, homemaker

K. Kids: None

L. Live: Southwest Virginia

M. Mom's name: Mom!

N. Nicknames: None that I will admit to.

O. Overnight hospital stays: Age 5 to remove a large mole, 6 times for operations for "female trouble," culminating in a hysterectomy at the tender age of 29, once for e-coli, once for chest pains, once to remove a lodged piece of hot dog from my esophagus. The last three were spent in the ER but I was there for almost 24 hours each time.

P. Pet peeves: people who say they are going to do something and then do not.

Q. Quote from a movie: "What's taters, Precious? What's taters?"

R. Righty or lefty: Righty

S. Siblings: One brother

T. Time you wake up: The alarm goes off at 6 a.m. every morning.

U. Underwear: Yes. Eewww if you don't.

V. Vegetables you don't like: rhubarb, okra, chives, rutabagas

W. What makes you run late: very little. I'm generally early.

X. X-rays you've had: Dental x-rays, MRI, arm, legs, esophagus - lots. It's a wonder I don't glow.

Y. Yummy food you make: chocolate lush from my grandmother's secret recipe

Z. Zoo animal favorites: lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.