Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Yard Work

My husband decided the back yard needed to be reseeded.



He hauled in 8 loads of dirt. The dirt came from the pond, which he and my father-in-law dredged last fall. They removed a lot of soil from the bottom.



After he hauled the dirt, he arrived in the skid steer to shove the dirt around.



Once the dirt has dried out a little more, he will sow grass seed, probably later this week.

My role in all this work will come later, when we we smooth down the dirt. I will have to help rake.

Otherwise, I watched!

7 comments:

  1. How nice to have the resources and equipment to make this a do-it-yourself job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that soil looks so rich and luscious! I wish I had a big pile of that. We have nothing but thick clay here, so gardening is a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watching part is the fun part. LOL Looks like some good soil. Wish we had that in our yard. Lots of clay in our backyard where grass will not grow.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of raking as exercise, which doesn't cost you a gym fee or require fancy equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, that looks like a lot of work. But it will be very nice when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're still waiting on our permit! Hopefully, we'll start digging again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could use several loads of that soil in our back yard. You're lucky that you had a free supply from the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.