Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LIfe Planning

Last week I started a six-week non-credit seminar at Hollins University called "Life Planning." The idea is to figure out where you're going.

The seminar will give women (including me) tools to assess current strengths and abilities, develop personal short and long-term goals, and create strategies for change.

The Myers Briggs assessment is a big part of this. This test sorts folks out into 16 different personality types.

Tonight we get the results of the online testing and I am curious to see if it tells me I am still an INTP. That is what I was 20 years ago, when I took the test. That means I am introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceptive. Or at least I was then. Maybe I have changed? Maybe as I have strode into mid-life, I am now more of a judging and feeling type of person.

Here is the official description of an INTP:

INTP
Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.

Does that sound like me?

Or does this sound more like me?

INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

According to the FREE test on this site, I am now an INTJ.

This is what it says:

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are: very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Or am I something else altogether?

We shall see tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Anita, how wonderful! I don't know you well enough to guess, but I'm very curious to know whether your results are different now that it is twenty years later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.