Friday, January 29, 2010

Books: S is for Silence

S is for Silence
by Sue Grafton
Copyright 2005
Audiobook (Abridged)
Read by Judy Kaye

This book was a little different from Grafton's other Kinsey Milhone books in that it switched backwards in time to offer vignettes of the life of some of the characters who may have been involved in the disappearance of Violet. Violet in 1953 was a headstrong and winsome woman who vanished. Thirty years later, her daughter, Daisy, hires Kinsey to find out what happened to her mother.

Kinsey sorts through a long list of suspects to find the answers to Daisy's question. Along the way she encounters a dangerous man who will stop at nothing to hide his secret.

Since I listened to this over a rather long period of time, and because of the book's format, I recommend reading this one instead of hearing it. Occasionally I forgot where I was in the story; whether that was from time lapse or the book's abridgement I cannot say.

The book offered a strong story line, although it felt like a lot of Kinsey was missing in the book. I learned very little about her character here. Still, it was a solid performance from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.