Saturday, June 06, 2009

They Eat Soap, Too!

A while back, I posted photos of a mother deer and her fawn and noted that I thought she'd been eating my roses.

Lenora over at A Journal of Days left me a comment suggesting that Irish Spring Soap would run the critters away. She said to just leave it out in its box.

I hustled to the Dollar General in Fincastle and purchased a pack of said soap. I placed it around my flowers as instructed.

Not long ago I noticed that one of the boxes was opened and the soap was missing. My husband was outside raking the grass.

"What do you suppose got in the soap?" I asked, curious.

"A deer. The soap is over there," he said, pointing to a spot about 25 feet away. "I ran over it with the mower."

I retrieved the soap, noting that something had taken a nibble out of part of it.

Somewhere there is a fresh and clean deer with the invigorating scent of Irish Spring on her breath.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Anita!! You have extraordinary deer. I am speechless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever find a "cure", let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby dumps buckets of Dawn dish detergent mixed with water and Louisiana hot sauce in it on all our shrubs out front. It's been working until this week... Hubby thinks the rain may have washed everything off the bushes so he reapplied this morning again.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.