Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. I'm down to my last vehicle payment on my Toyota! But the final bill from my lender ... was very late.

2. For 59 months, no problem. The very last payment, which I knew would be slightly different, and ... no bill.

3. I wondered briefly if it was a scam to ensure I owed more money by not paying on time. Being old fashioned, I still pay by mail.

4. I foxed them and found my statement online and paid it that way, though.

5. The mail service seems very slow these days, but I still think a letter for 42 cents is a good deal.

6. I relish a letter in the mail more than an email. You can't get your hands around an email.

7. Once my mother mailed me a birthday card from Salem, which is about 25 miles away. It reached me three months later.

8. The card had been to Pennsylvania and Ohio, according to marks on it. I don't know why.

9. I can remember when stamps were about 10 cents. I suspect that makes me rather old.

10. Of course I can also remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon and when my parents thought $1 was too much to pay.

11. The rise in postage and the rise in the cost of gasoline are not compatible, are they?

12. I always thought being a mail delivery person would be a good job, if you didn't mind walking or being on your feet.

13. Rural route carriers get to drive around in a vehicle, and that doesn't seem so bad. I imagine they know all kinds of things about my neighbors, don't you?


Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; you can learn more about it here. My other Thursday Thirteens are here.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving this milestone! May you have many more good years of use...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love real letters. I love seeing someone else's handwriting addressing me. It doesn't happen very often. I used to write many letters. Even as a child I had several pen pals. I think I am sad that I don't write real letters anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I remember when stamps were 4 cents AND we had a cent key on typewriters. I once received a birthday card from my sister five years late! I do love real mail but people send it less and less, to the point that even bills are almost a welcome sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, where is the cent key on the computer keyboard?

    www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.