Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen great things about being a woman:

1. I can bring home the bacon. And work harder to make less. About 70 cents on the dollar less, actually.

2. I can fry it up in a pan.

3. I can never ever let you forget you're a man.*

4. I can give birth to children.***

5. I can sing alto and soprano. And country and western and pop and opera... heck, I can sing pretty much anything I want to. I can even play the guitar.

6. I can cry if I want to.** And not worry too much about the consequences (unless your name is Hillary).

7. I look good in a skirt. Those kilts are so not in fashion.

8. I have that maternal instinct thing going on.

9. I am soft and don't need to apologize for it.

10. I have brains. And lots of them.

11. I look good in men's clothes. Men don't look so hot in feminine garb.

12. I can take one look at you and read you like a book just by taking in the way you dress and the way you carry yourself.

13. I live longer.



* From an Enjoli perfume commercial in the 1970s, I think.

** From a song in the 1950s or 1960s.

*** I can't personally have children, having had a hysterectomy, but this is an all-inclusive list and not just about me.

1 comment:

  1. Great Thursday Thirteen list, Country Dew! It made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.