Saturday, February 23, 2008

Books: The Hornet's Next

The Hornet's Next
By Jimmy Carter (yes, the president)
Copyright 2003
Read by Edward Herrmann
Abridged



This historical fiction was a surprise. When I picked it up at the library, my first thought was "how bad is THIS going to be."

I enjoyed listening to it. The reader did a good job. And while the book was short on character and long on events and read a lot like a history book, it was an entertaining account of the American Revolution as it took place in Georgia and the Carolinas.

The book follows characters from both sides; neither are treated with kid gloves or favoritism.

I understand some of the characters are based on Carter's ancestors.


3 stars

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Jimmy Carter book is "An Hour Before Daylight".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.