The Christmas Meme
1. Do you send Christmas cards?
A. Yes. I sent out about 60 cards this year.
2. How soon do you start shopping?
3. Who do you shop for?
A. Friends and family.
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree?
5. If so, is it fake or real?
6. Do you like tinsel?
A. We have it on the tree.
7. Do you use homemade or store bought ornaments?
A. Store bought.
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?
A. We didn't this year but we have in previous years.
9. Do you put lights on the tree?
A. It came with lights.
10. How about popcorn and cranberries?
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?
13. Do you hang up your stocking?
14. Does your family read "Twas the night before Christmas?"
A. No, but sometimes I recite just for fun. I know most of it by heart.
15. Christmas movie?
A. It's a Wonderful Life
16. Character from any Christmas Movie?
17. Christmas Song?
A. Do You Hear What I Hear?
18. Christmas Memory?
A. That time I asked for a BB gun and nearly shot my eye out. No, wait. That's a movie.
19. Give or Receive?
A. How about both?
22. Ham or Turkey?
A. Either. I don't really care.
24. White Lights or Colored Lights?
A. Colored lights.
25. Blinking lights or still lights?
26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year?
A. I was nice. I'm always nice. I'm so darned nice that nice just falls right off of me in the middle of the parking lot.
27. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A. I didn't really ask for anything this year except for a food laminator. That, my dears, is what I call a food vacuum sealer thingy.
28. When do you open your gifts?
A. Christmas morning, for the majority. But some I open early, with friends or family members. My brother and I have a tradition of exchanging presents on Christmas Eve.
29. What's the best gift you've ever gotten?
A. Well, it won't be a food laminator, even if I get one. My husband gave me pearls last year and I really liked those.
30. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?
A. Well, it won't be a food laminator, even if I get one, since that is what I've asked for. I don't know that I've ever gotten a bad gift; I am always grateful for whatever anyone cares to give me. Now the worst Christmas bonus I ever received from an employer was a measly $2.00, which I considered a terrible insult at the time. I'd have rather he'd gone out and bought me a box of chocolates, which at that time he could have done for that amount of cash.
31. Who gives you the most gifts?
A. My husband.
32. Have you ever had a secret Santa?
A. Not in many years.
33. Do you like wrapping gifts?
A. I don't anymore. I used to enjoy it.
34. Do you put change in those red buckets?
35. Do you burn a yule log?
36. Can you name all the reindeer?
A. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Olive the Other Reindeer.
37. Do you bake cookies?
A. Yes. I also make darned good fudge.
38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Clause?
A. I'm not going to answer that.
39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?
41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?
42. Have you ever left Santa cookies?
A. I'm sure I did when I was quite young.
43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap?
44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with?
A. My husband, my family, my friends.
45. Where do you celebrate Christmas?
A. My house, my in-laws house, my father's house, sometimes. In restaurants with friends. You celebrate Christmas wherever you are when you're with people you love.
46. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
47. What part of Christmas do you look most forward to?
A. The end of it, at least, this year. I'm feeling a little less happy this year than I have in previous ones.
48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?
Yes, I have.
|Me with Santa in 2012. (That's my|
father in the red suit. Really.)