Sunday, October 06, 2024

Sunday Stealing


1. What gets you fired up?

A. I can get "fired up" over many things, but nothing sends me off more than an injustice against someone I care about.

2. What makes a good life?

A. Having someone to love, shelter, food, and enough, whatever that means to each individual.

3. What risks are worth taking?

A. Risk worth taking would include saving someone else's life or doing something that logically you feel would move you toward a much-desired goal. 

4. Who inspires you to be better?

A. I have a few friends who like to kick me in the butt occasionally.

5. What do you have doubts about?

A. Everything.

6. What fact are you resigned to?

A. That I have no control over most of my life.

7. What book impacted you the most?

A. Honestly, it was probably a book that I don't remember the name of, and it wasn't so much the book as when I read the book that it made its impact. It was given to me by a friend who was certain I was a heathen going to hell (she was right), and it was about a woman named Lucy who went through all kinds of trials and tribulations (like Job) but never lost her faith. I'm not sure exactly what the book did for me, I just know I never forgot it. I have never forgotten the friend who gave it to me, either, even though I have no idea where she is and haven't seen or spoken to her since 8th grade.

8. What irrational fear do you have?

A. I worry that a bear might eat me.

9. What is the hardest lesson you’ve learned?

A. I think most of the lessons I've learned have been hard ones. The hardest lesson may be that one that teaches you that you're all alone even in a crowd, and always will be.

10. What is something you’re self-conscious about?

A. I am self-conscious about my weight.

11. What are one or two of your favorite smells?

A. I like the smell of cookies baking and the smell of my husband's chest after he's had a shower.

12. Have you given to charities?

A. I have given to many charities. Most recently I donated to various things for the Hurricane Helene victims.

13. What is the best compliment you have received?

A. One of my old editors told me recently that I was "fearless when you went after a story." I can't imagine a better compliment for a news writer.

14. What chance encounter changed your life forever?

A. I ran into this guy at a football game, and then I married him.

15. What was the most memorable gift you’ve received?

A. My husband gave me a guitar for our 40th wedding anniversary. I'll go with that one.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.