Monday, July 01, 2024

This is MY Blog

My blog serves as my personal sanctuary where I can express my thoughts, share my experiences, and work on creative pieces as I see fit. My blog is a unique extension of myself. This is a space where I can formulate ideas and perspectives. Sometimes, it is hard work. 

But it is MY work, my opinion, and my expression.

When I write a blog post, I create original content that is automatically protected by copyright law. I also have a copyright notice on my blog. Copyright is a form of intellectual property that grants me, the creator, exclusive rights to my work. This means:

Exclusive Rights: I have the exclusive right to reproduce, distribute, perform, and display my blog content. No one can legally copy or republish my posts without my permission. That means if you share much of the content of my blog, like a paragraph, you have not only violated the law, but you have also stolen from me, and you have violated me. (That doesn't mean you can't share a post, but it's nice to be asked first if I mind if it is shared. Sometimes I mind.)

Protection from Theft: Unauthorized use of my blog content constitutes copyright infringement. Plagiarism— taking someone’s work and passing it off as their own — is not just unethical; it’s illegal.

Monetary Rights: I hold the potential to monetize my blog. Whether through advertisements, sponsorships, or selling my content, copyright ensures that any financial benefits derived from my blog go to me.

My blog is a reflection of my unique voice. My opinions are my own, shaped by my experiences, beliefs, and values. When my individuality is disrespected, I feel violated. I feel voiceless. I feel like I have had my larynx removed.

I don't mind constructive criticism. It comes with the public part of this form of social media. However, to get here, you have to want to come here. My blog is not in anyone's face (like on Facebook). If you are reading my blog, you have made that choice. I haven't pushed my opinions upon you.

So please remember that my blog is my domain. I have the right to express my thoughts without fear of being unduly called out or censored.

I have been writing this blog since 2006, and I have been writing for the public since 1984 - 40 years. I realize this blog and writing in general can be a powerful tool for personal expression and creativity. I cherish the hard work I have put in here, and it is personal to me.

If you like what you read here, sit a spell and I welcome you. But if you don't like what you read here, then please don't come back. And please do not comment or write me privately and try to encroach upon my voice and my freedom of speech because you disagree.

And if you threaten me, I will have the law track you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.