Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday Stealing



1. What was the best toy you ever owned?


A. I'll go with the set of Johnny West dolls and accessories that I had before my tweens. I lost it all in a flood at my grandmother's, but they were fun to play with.

2. When in your life have you felt the loneliest?

A. Usually in a crowd.

3. What is your strongest emotion?

A. Sadness.

4. When were you the most disappointed in yourself?

A. I was most disappointed in myself when I was unable to have children, even though that was no fault of mine. It certainly felt like a fault or a failure on my part.

5. Which law would you most like to change?

A. The Second Amendment could use a rewrite.

6. Who is the person you have hated the most in your lifetime?

A. I try really hard not to hate people. 

7. What has disappointed you the most?

A. My mother's lack of empathy and love.

8. What's the best possible attitude toward death?

A. It's going to happen to everybody sooner or later. Make the best preparations you can for your stuff. I mean, basically your body rots and other people take your stuff. That's what happens on the barest of levels. The only thing you may be able to control is what happens to your stuff.

9. What's been the longest day in your life?

A. The day my husband had his hand caught in the hay baler was a very long day.

10. What is the biggest coincidence in your life?

A. 

11. What's the oldest you'd like to live?

A. I don't know. It depends on my health. I have chronic pain and I'm not sure I want to put up with that for another 40 years to make it to 100.

12. Who is the most amazing woman you know personally?

A. I know a lot of amazing women. My friend Teresa amazes me constantly. She does all this household stuff to perfection and takes care of herself, volunteers for things. She's terrific.

13. What was your best experience in school?

A. Having Tina F. for my math teacher was by far the best experience I had in high school. She made everything better, even the math.

14. What's the most meaningful compliment you've ever received?

A. We just had this question a while back; my former editor told me I was fearless when I went after a story in my younger days. I still think about that.

15. What is the most you've spent on something really stupid?

A. I am not sure. I'll go with a guitar; I can't play but one of them at a time, I don't know why I have several. I surely do not need another.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people who are lucky enough to be able to play a guitar have a couple of them. They all sound unique I have been told.

    I plan to buy a synthesiser when my piano skills improve. That might be a stupid purchase though. I guess we'll find out.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lonely in a crowd - I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with PM. Most guitar players I know own more than one guitar!! I'm not familiar with Johnny West dolls. I need to google them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the Josie West doll and her horse...is that right? That was a long time ago and I will guess it might still exist in my dad's attic...courtesy of my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.