Monday, April 08, 2024

Eclipse Photos

We had so many clouds! And I had trouble juggling
 the camera and keeping the solar glasses on my face without my regular glasses and then I couldn't see a darned thing at all. I may have ruined the camera but it's an old camera anyway. I suspect it is fine, though, because the cloud cover was so thick.

The photos with black are where I got my homemade filter to work during one moment when we had a cloud break. The rest I just took straight with the camera on various settings.

When it was at its peak here, I was outside. It was beginning to rain, and it was dark. The birds were freaking out and I saw a turkey fly up into a tree as if to roost. The smaller birds grew quiet and were flying around as if they were looking for home. Then it got a little lighter and the turkey flew off, and the other birds went back to normal. It must have been really cool to be in totality.

When I am filthy rich, I will chase the eclipse so that I see totality one day. (Ha ha.)

















 

4 comments:

  1. At least you tried. I didn't find glasses in time, so I just watched it on tv and social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had totality. Total cloud cover. Not that we would have seen anything anyway, here in wet (did I mention it was raining? Why bother - it has rained since last June) Lancashire. These are great photos - really capture what it was like, because they were so difficult to get. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a glorious spring day in our path of totality. It was a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your photos. We had a high percentage of totality here in KY, but had some cloud cover. It did make for some beautiful light.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.