Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday 9: Live Like You Were Dying

Saturday 9: Live Like You Were Dying (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a man whose father advises him to live life to the fullest, to become "the friend you'd like to have." How about you? Are you the friend you'd like to have?

A. I try to be. I am not as successful at it as I had hoped, I guess.

2) The song lists several "bucket list" items: skydiving, mountain climbing, riding a bull. Have you done any of those things? Would you like to?

A. I have not done any of those things, nor do I especially want to at my age. I have been up in a hot air balloon. Does that count?

3) In the music video, Tim McGraw is wearing a white button-down shirt, blue jeans and a cowboy hat. Which of those items is in your wardrobe?

A. Blue jeans.

4) He wears a cowboy hat because he is embarrassed by the size of his forehead. When you wear a hat, are you more likely doing it for style, like Tim, or for protection from the elements?

A. I wear a hat now only when it rains, so I guess protection from the elements.

5) McGraw's biological father was Tug McGraw, pitcher for the Mets and Phillies. How did your baseball team do this season?

A. I don't watch baseball.

6) Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill live just outside of Nashville. They enjoy inviting friends over to sit around a bonfire, drinking beer and playing guitars. Tell us about the most recent get-together you had with friends.

A. I don't have any friends who want to have get-togethers.

7) Tim likes his tattoos. He admits his silliest one -- a leprechaun wearing a cowboy hat -- was acquired during a night of drinking. Do you have a tattoo? If so, are you glad you have it and would you get it again?

A. I do not have a tattoo. My father has one from when he was in the army, or did. I guess he still does.

8) In 2003, when this song was popular, the supersonic Concord took its last flight. When did you most recently board a plane? What was your destination?

A. The last time I was on a plane was in 1993, and I was going to Disney in Orlando.

9) Random question: When did you last walk around the house naked?

A. Not all that long ago, except I had a towel around my wet hair and my house shoes on. The rest of me was unclothed.
 ___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you have friends that want to have get togethers. It’s just that dreaded mileage.
    We all seem to have blue jeans. It is the American in us. You Reckon? 😎
    Hope you have a great week, and get to write, watch sunsets 🌅 or sunrises 🌄 that are fabulous. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd count the hot air balloon. That's something I'd like to do one day.
    Yeah, most of my friends aren't big on gettogethers, either. I think we miss out with our busy, busy lives these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you feel like The Wizard of Oz, or Dorothy, when you were up the balloon?

    My friend Kathy wants to have a gettogether. Four of us, taking a bus ride to look at the fall colors next month. I'm trying to get out of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balloon season is starting here in Connecticut with the fall foliage. In the the mornings and evenings I hear the hiss of the burners drifting overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot air balloons, a true adventurer you are!!! But I understand you have finished a history of Botetourt County That is a marvelous undertaking.. Where were you when I would have given my eye teeth for a good history of the county. WHen I first started teaching 4th grade the history program was an etv program we watched and I had to supplement all the materials to go along with it.. the previous teacher had a closet full of unorganized newspaper clippings. I mean hundreds of them and when I took over I threw them all out.. I spent a fortune on books and pamphlets anything I could get my hands on travelling the state and County looking for information..many kudos to you my friend for the hard work and sleepless nights that must have gone into your manuscript. I am very proud of you!! I will keep my eyes out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot air ballooning is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went ballooning with a friend in 2000. I loved it and except for landing, it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. It was kind of nice to pick leaves off of the tops of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a hot air balloon ride sounds like great fun! It would probably scare me though. Heahahahahaa I am afraid of heights. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.