Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There

Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan?

A. I have never seen this show.

2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter?

A. My home has both types of filters.

3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come?

A. I worry. As my husband says, if it is there, I worry about it.

4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes?

A. Yes. I took a class in detective literature and read several of his books then.

5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot?

A. Yes, in the class I mentioned in #4.

6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques?

A. I have my three college degrees, about a dozen Virginia Press Association Awards, some short story and poetry awards, and there are plaques in two of the county libraries with my name on them because I was on the county library board and helped oversee construction on the buildings. (One was a renovation, the other was a brand new library.)

P.S. I have disliked Randy Newman ever since he did that song Short People.

7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser?

A. I hope so.

8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you?

A. Yes. Actually I can think of many times multiple people that I had high regard for disappointed me. They're still around so I won't mention names or events, except for one: a person I was friends with, in real life and on Facebook, unfriended me and refuses to respond to my query as to why (we share the same politics and I don't post much political stuff anyway, so I am sure that wasn't it). I didn't do anything so I don't know what brought that on. Her loss, but I am disappointed. Not exactly a hero story but there you go.

9) Random question -- We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco?

A. Can I please simply have the house salad? My ulcers are acting up.
_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a worrier too even though I try not to be. I have few , very few people I hold in high regard mainly because most tend to let me down. I found it is better to rely on you than someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had 2 people do the same thing to me on Facebook...and they didn't just unfriend me, they blocked me so I can't even see that they still have a page. I only know because I've seen their names mentioned in others' posts and comments that are obvious replies to something they said...and I've no clue how I offended them to the point of choosing to act like I don't exist. After the initial shock/surprise I'm with you...it's their loss.
    Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your ulcer. I know when I worry (I'm a worrier, too), my gut acts up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not had an ulcer, but I had my gall bladder out about a year and a half ago and before that I had to watch what I ate. I never knew what was going to make me sick and I didn't know why at the time. I feel much better now. I am so sorry about your ulcer.
    I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  6. The ugly side of Facebook, sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Facebook can be vicious, just like any other "free for all" social network. I'm sorry you got that door slammed on you. It makes no sense to me but then, much of life doesn't now.
    About the worrying. I had to stop it, and now I just put it in the round file if there's nothing I can do about it. The worst fears come out that full closet of boogie men when I'm worrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook is kind of like high school all over again at times.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.