1. The date/time/cause of your death before you die.
2. Number of times you've narrowly avoided death (i.e., the person who missed dying in a car wreck because of a stop light, or a slow driver).
3. How a stranger perceives you at first glance.
|Did I drop it or not?|
5. Number of times you've swallowed a bug in your sleep, or how many times a bug has crawled on you while sleeping.
6. The things you can't know about because you can't sense them, called a noumenon. This is a posited object or event that exists without sense-perception. Immanuel Kant said that the noumenal world may exist, but it is completely unknowable through human sensation. In Kantian philosophy, the unknowable noumenon is often linked to the unknowable "thing-in-itself," although how to characterize the nature of the relationship is a question yet open to controversy.
7. Whether or not someone is wearing boxers or briefs (or thongs or old lady panties or no underwear).
8. If a computer program would ever stop running, given that the computer itself never broke down or never stopped running.
9. There are still numbers that can’t be computed. For example, there is above and beyond one “boundlessness.” For example, what number of positive, entire numbers are there? They are endless. (Think pi.)
10. In arithmetic, there are accurate things that can’t be confirmed accurately – and we don’t (yet) understand what they are.
11. Truth is not knowable. One can describe truth as one sees it, but can also continue to change the framework of the truth so that is a stronger or weaker truth. However, if one can describe truth in one way that is a "stronger truth" than the first description, then there still must be yet another "stronger truth" out there, so there are infinite unreachable truths.
12. There are true things about the universe that we can never know, since we cannot know truth.
13. Are there people who are uninteresting? Think about this: if one makes a list of the most uninteresting people, the oldest, by default, becomes interesting because that fact in itself is interesting. So then the next oldest person because the most interesting, and so and so forth. So everybody is interesting. If you find someone uninteresting, you've only yourself to blame.
|Run turkeys, run!|
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 475th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.