I can't believe that for 300 weeks I have done a Thursday Thirteen. That's 5.7 years I have spent thinking about the number 13 on a weekly basis.
Such a number deserves a magnificent entry. And what better way than to point back toward blogs that I read and enjoy?
1. Colleen over at Loose Leaf Notes gets first billing because it was her blog that inspired me to start doing Thursday Thirteen. She's been at it longer than I have. I don't know how many she has done but I think it's probably about 50 more than I have. We have never met but I think we might be real life friends should we ever do that. Colleen writes about her grandsons, her life with Joe, and her musings about the universe. Good stuff!
2. Heather over at Word Trix is also a Thursday Thirteen player. She's right behind me in her count, having posted 295 Thursday Thirteens. Heather writes about books, her life in a northern state, and walks at her local arboretum.
3. The Gal Herself is another Thursday Thirteener who writes about movies, life in the mid-50s (age, not the time period), and popular culture. She's written over 225 Thursday Thirteen lists, so she isn't far behind, either.
4. Alice Audrey is an author, photographer, and general creative type who also participates in Thursday Thirteen. I'm not sure how many times she's played Thursday Thirteen but I think it's a lot.
5. Author Adelle Laudan is another TT player whose blog posts I enjoy. She writes about writing, the stuff she is researching, and her travels on occasion.
6. Harriet at Harriet and Friends, yes, another TT players! offers up interesting facts and figures. She has an interesting sense of humor, too.
7. Mia Celeste has also been playing TT a long time. She is into writing, gardening, and writing. Did I say writing?
8. Author Shelley Monroe writes her Thursday Thirteen entries from New Zealand! She writes about her travels, her books, and her research.
9. I also have some favorite local bloggers. Di over at The Blue Ridge Gal writes about her wonderful life with her hubby and her two boxers, Rowdy and Izzy. She has a great sense of humor and takes lots of cool photos.
10. Rebecca over at Shenandoah Gateway Farm offers up home renovation tips and some really great recipes. She is a local blogger, too.
11. Lenora over at A Journal Of Days writes about three things she wants to remember about the time just past. Her entries are positive, sweet, and thought-provoking. She's another local blogger.
12. Tanya shows me my world through different eyes with her blog, Around Roanoke. She sees the same stuff I do but I enjoy her angle. She takes her family on lots of outings to local places that I know exist but seldom visit myself.
13. Becky over at Peevish Pen writes about writing, her horses, and her cats, among other things. She can sniff out a bogus publisher from miles away.
I hope you will visit some of these bloggers and check them out. I enjoy their work and I hope you do, too.
Thursday Thirteen is played
by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a
while and this is my 300th time to do a list of 13 on a