Thirteen things I will tell myself and my tooth about today's scheduled root canal:
1. Having this procedure will ensure you do not have unexpected future problems.
2. Fixing this issue now means you will be able to chew on a juicy apple without pain.
3. You might enjoy the laughing gas.
4. And then you have that pain-killing medication afterwards. Yeah lortabs.
5. It'll be great taking a day off.
6. These people are professionals. Of course they know what they're doing.
7. Better a dead tooth with a crown than a hole in the head.
8. No pain, no gain.
9. There, there. Here's a hot beverage.
10. The tooth fairy will not come visit for this, but maybe the husband will fix dinner (preferably soup).
11. It's the best thing to do under the circumstances.
12. Now you'll know what to expect if this happens again.
13. Oh Zombie Tooth, you served me faithfully and well
Sorry that now you're just a calcium shell.
But you can still do your duty, crunch and chew,
And that is what a tooth was meant to do.
*Update* Well, after all that, the professional root canal fellow looked at everything and said I didn't need a root canal after all. So yay me.
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 278th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.