Pages

Friday, July 31, 2026

Gratitude: Days 29 & 30

Prompts: Self-care & Myself



I’m grateful for the quiet of a cool morning light,
For fields that awaken after the darkness of night.
For root beer, for pages, and time to reflect,
For giving my weary heart some respect.

I’m thankful for moments I don’t have to race,
For slowing my steps and reclaiming my space.
For books on the table, a song in my heart,
For walking through life at my own chosen start.

I’m grateful for hands that have planted and grown,
For stories and histories I’ve gathered and sewn.
For voices I’ve carried, for truths I have told,
For memories treasured and tales yet untold.

I’m grateful for me, for the road I have walked,
For the courage to write and the courage to talk.
For every small kindness, each lesson I’ve learned,
For bridges I built and the pages I’ve turned.

I’m thankful I’m still here, still dreaming, still free,
Still becoming the person I’m meant to be.
Through seasons of sorrow and storms I have known,
I’m thankful for me, this woman who has grown.

_____

Last month, The Gal did a 30-day gratitude challenge. I've swiped it to do for July. Only I'm going to try to do it in rhyme, just because.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written and expressed! Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite lines: For every small kindness, each lesson I’ve learned, For bridges I built and the pages I’ve turned. Wise sentiment, hard won and well written.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.