Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Regrets - They Have a Few

Lots of people (mostly women) are now posting about the 2016 election and how "if only the Bernie Sanders lovers" and non-voting Democrats had voted, then SCROTUS would have been filled with Democrat appointees instead of the fascists we have there now.

First, I don't believe any member of the Supreme Court should be political. That should be the most nonpolitical appointment in the entire country. I realize the exact opposite is true, but just like everyone else, I'm entitled to my opinion, and that's my opinion on the Supreme Court.

That I now call it SCROTUS is a reflection of what I think of the current majority. I don't have much respect for the Supreme Court at the moment.

Second, why is no one looking back at 2016 and calling it a fraudulent election? The Mueller report did not exonerate the former guy. It merely said, as far as we know since much of it was not made public, that there was no smoking gun. Robert Mueller noted that "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him." Wouldn't we all like to see the full, unredacted report right about now? Can somebody drop that into the conversation?


Where are the red flags, the bells and whistles, the yelling and screaming from the left that the 2016 election was fraudulent and rigged? Where were those shouts in 2016? And given that quote from Russia, why isn't this being revisited? They installed the former guy? WTF?

Fourth, if we're so upset about the eradication of Roe v. Wade and the other rulings SCROTUS handed down at the end of June, why are we not leaving our jobs, marching in the street, bringing the country to a total standstill, instead of going on about our day?

Are we really waiting to see what the states do? Do we really think the House and Senate will come together and sing Kum-ba-ya and pass federal legislation to undo what SCROTUS has done?

Slamming people who didn't vote or voted for Jill Stein in 2016 isn't going to help anything. That's only going to anger more people.

We need people to vote in every election, right down to the local dog catcher if that is an option in a locality (it's not in mine). 

Not paying attention is about to cost us (and not just Democrats, I mean everyone) this country. It's ok to feel remorse about the things that have happened, but it's also time to hurry up and get over it. Donate to your local Democratic committee. Donate to local candidates who maybe sort of think the way you do. If you don't have a local candidate, look at highly contested House seats and donate at ActBlue.com, or to the candidate directly.

These are tough times. I get the remorse. I get the angst. I feel it, too. I wanted HRC to win as badly as anyone. However, I'm not going to blame the non-voters or the Bernie lovers. I know the latter group was disappointed, rightfully so, I might add, and non-voters don't vote because they assume it doesn't make a difference anyway.

And if things go downhill in November in 2022 and 2024, the non-voters will be absolutely correct, because we won't be a democratic republic anymore.

We'll be an oligarchy or an autocracy.

And if you think things are bad now, wait until that happens.

1 comment:

  1. We have to get out the vote! We've got to keep our eyes on the prize. You're so right, this internecine squabbling gets us nowhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.