Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Pandemic Journal - Day 235

I woke this morning with a sore throat. It has grown worse as the day has progressed. Lots of salt water being gargled here.

My little county of 33,000 people has over 550 cases of Covid-19. That doesn't sound like much, but people are not following good protocol in wearing masks and social distancing here. 

I do follow protocol and have mostly been in. I went out yesterday, though. I had a chiropractor appointment - ironically my last one unless my back goes out and I simply can't stand the pain, we decided, due to the coronavirus -  and I stopped at CVS. That may have been my mistake. I was masked up and social distanced and I used hand sanitizer, but who knows.

But, maybe my sore throat is a food allergy, because I ate pizza from Bellacino's on Sunday, and for some reason the last couple of times I've had pizza there, I've developed a sore throat. I thought it was the pizza topping so I tried a different topping (I'd been eating the alfredo pizza, so I went with the tomato-based this time), but now I think it might be something in the pizza dough/crust. I know I have a mild yeast allergy - maybe they use a lot of yeast in the pizza dough? I am grasping at straws here because of course I'd rather it be my normal illness, whatever that is.

My father talked to me briefly earlier today and he knew as soon as I answered the phone that I was not well. He told me to get to the doctor if I started running a fever. I don't want to worry anyone by being sick. It is not something I can hide when it affects my larynx and throat, though.

Maybe it is Covid-19, and I will die, and those who don't like my blog can have a good laugh and be glad the world has one less Democrat. I'm sure it will make some people happy.

Good thing I have my Will and other documents in order.

In Other News




I've been a bit depressed. I did not join the other folks who danced in the street Saturday when the vote tallies came in and Joe Biden became the president-elect, because I knew the current occupant of the people's house would not concede and would continue his claims of voter fraud.

And that's exactly what he has done. While he has every right to do this, he does not have the right to undermine the integrity of our election process, and demolish our democracy. This is what he is doing.

He is adding more chaos to the chaos he's already created.

Can you imagine being an elected Republican now and being told that you've been elected by fraud? Because that's what he's saying. Or being the Republican in charge of votes in whatever state, and being told you didn't do your job properly? Because that is what is being said. That's what voter fraud means.

There has never been much voter fraud in this country. It's very difficult to do. The checks and balances, at least in Virginia, are well-established. That's not to say there's not a slip up here and there, because the system is human-based and humans make mistakes. But voter fraud to this degree? There is no way in hell that happened.

I do not believe there was 5 million fraudulent votes. And to be honest, if the Democrats were going to cheat to win the election, they'd have also tossed in enough votes to throw Mitch McConnel and Lindsay Graham out of their respective seats, and they'd not lost a few seats in the House. I mean, if you're going to cheat to win, then damn, go for everything.

Which is what the current occupant of the people's house is doing.

Trump is attempting a government coup.

Trump has yet to concede the election, and his campaign has filed lawsuits in multiple states. Trump also said he'd go to the Supreme Court, though it's not clear why or what legal basis there is for the move.

"This is a major fraud on our nation," the president added, with no evidence to support his assertion.

Trump suggested several times in the weeks leading up to the election that he would not accept the outcome, that the process was "rigged" against him, and that the increase in mail-in voting amid the COVID-19 pandemic would result in widespread voter fraud.

But nonpartisan experts and multiple studies have uncovered no evidence of widespread voter fraud, and millions of Americans vote by mail every year. Trump and many of his top staff and family members have voted by mail or tried to in recent years. 

Trump also refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, saying in September, "Well, we'll have to see what happens. Get rid of the ballots and we'll have a very peaceful — there won't be a transfer, frankly, there'll be a continuation." - Business Insider


1 comment:

  1. You can't have Covid now that we have become such good pen pals!

    I'm watching with great depression how #45 is trying to do things that will screw up the country before he leaves office.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.